Metro's Commitment to the Environment
Since 1929, Metro has been committed to providing our customers quality products and services that demonstrate the highest level of value. That tradition is still very much a part of our culture today as we continue to expand our product offerings and strive to improve our service levels to even higher standards of excellence.
Along with a commitment to products and services, Metro is deeply devoted to pursuing environmental friendly products and processes in order to contribute to preserving the world we live in.
Our devotion extends through all areas of our business from raw material procurement through finished product delivery to our customers, from manufacturing processes in the plant to administrative functions in the office as well as in the field and from product design in specifying recycled/recyclable materials through product manufacturing in running high yield rates and recycling excess/scrap materials.
At Metro, we are actively pursuing improvements within our organization to do our part in preserving our planet for generations to come.
John G. Nackley
President & CEO
Metro's Environmental Facts
• InterMetro was one of the first companies to use powder coatings, which have no air emissions as opposed to wet systems which have many hazardous components.
• InterMetro uses no chlorinated solvents and Metro's coating processes do not contain Volatile Organic Compounds. Energy conservation is present in the area of water usage and low NOx burners in all Boilers.
• InterMetro recycles 78% of waste materials, including all hazardous waste, metals, corrugated material, office paper, Fluorescent bulbs, gloves, oil absorbent pads, and wooden pallets.
• 100% of our North American manufacturing processes using stainless steel wire, tubing and sheet are from recycled materials.
• 20% of our North American manufacturing processes using carbon wire and sheet are from recycled materials.
• 15% of our North American manufacturing processes using carbon tubing are from recycled materials.
• Aluminum proves to be a "green" building material because 45% to 50% can be recycled into other usable products. The aluminum that is used in many of Metro's products can be 100% recycled into other products without losing any of its structural properties.
• The High-Density Polyethylene that is used in Metro manufacturing has a service life of 100 years and can be completely recycled. HDPE releases no toxic gases or dioxins that are contained in many traditional building materials. HDPE panels help eliminate the use of scarce wood resources. HDPE panels have molded-in color, avoiding secondary finishing processes that often release VOCs.
• InterMetro does not use mercury in any of its products, processes or packaging.
• All administrative employees are equipped with computers which minimizes the paperwork generated internally and externally.
• All packaging materials including corrugated, are recyclable.
• InterMetro utilizes a state of the art box making machine that minimizes the amount of scrap corrugated materials.
InterMetro Industries is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.